- Navigate to http://www.nworegontransit.org/wp-admin/ and log in.
- Click on “Trip Ideas” in the menu on the left
- You’ll see a list of all trip ideas. You can filter the list to see only the posts you created from your account, to see published posts or drafts, to see posts from a particular month, or use the search field.
- Click on “Add New”.
- Add a title, description, coordinates for the trip location, a link to a website with information about the location, a cost (if it’s free write in “free”), and a season (the dates of an event, or the season this location is open, or “year-round” if it’s always open).
- On the right you’ll see five boxes:
|Here you can save the trip idea as a draft, or click “Preview” to see what your trip idea will look like once it’s published. You can change the publish date of this trip idea, by clicking “Edit” next to “Publish immediately”. The main reason you may want to change the publish date is that the most recent two trip ideas are published on the NW Connector homepage. If you don’t want this trip idea on the homepage, enter a past date. If you want this trip idea to show up on the homepage sometime in the future (for example, as the event nears), schedule it to be published at a future date.|
|Click on “Choose from the most used tags” to see tags that have already been used to organize trip ideas. Select tags that describe your trip idea. You can also add a new tag by typing it into the box and clicking “Add”, but remember that a tag is most useful when it is applied to multiple trip ideas, so they shouldn’t be too specific.|
|Select the route(s) that serve the location of this trip idea.|
|If you’d like this trip idea to expire and be automatically removed from the site (for example, if the idea is for a one-time event), click the box next to “Enable Post Expiration” and select the date and time you’d like it to be removed. Under “How to expire” you can select what you want to happen to the post when it expires: it can be deleted entirely or saved as an unpublished draft.|
|To add an image for the trip idea, click on “Set featured image” and then select “Upload Files” at the top of the page. Then you can drag and drop the image you want into this window, or click “Select Files” to find the image you want to add. After you upload the image, it will show up under the “Media Library” tab. Click on your image and click “Set featured image” on the bottom right.|
7. Click the blue “Publish” button on the right side of the page, and your trip idea will be live!
8. If you need to make any edits, just click “Trip Ideas” in the left sidebar menu, find your trip idea in the list, and select it to edit.
Please sign in to leave a comment.