Who Maintains the Data
Trillium Manages the Data
If Trillium updates your GTFS data, you can file your issue directly with us. Trillium staff are happy to asses the issue on your behalf and communicate with the necessary application developers.
You Manage the Data
If you notice that your Stops, Routes, Schedules, or Fares are not being displayed correctly in Google Maps, or any other online mapping application, Trillium can help you assess the issue, determine whether it is a problem with the data or how the data is being displayed, and resolve the issue in order to ensure your riders get the right information.
Identifying the Issue
When noticing a problem with your data, you can follow these steps to make sure the problem is resolved quickly:
- Verify whether the issue is an issue with your GTFS data or with its display in the third party application.
- The GTFS Manager Support Documentation provides resources to help you verify how your data is currently built, and fix it if the data is incorrect.
- For example, if the issue is a misplaced stop location, the first step is to log in to GTFS Manager, and review the Stop. Learn more about Editing a Stop Location.
- Screenshot of the incorrectly displayed data
- URL (such as a URL from Google Maps)
Self-Reporting Issues on Google Maps
Google Maps allows for any user to submit recommended changes to Stops.
You will be prompted to suggest an edit or mark the stop as unused. The following changes can be submitted:
If the "Change Name and Other Details" option is chosen the following menu will appear:
If the "Close or Remove" option is chosen the following menu will appear:
Once you suggestion is submitted Google will take some time to update or remove the stop. It will also reference the new GTFS feed to verify that stop needs updating or removal.
Please sign in to leave a comment.