SEO and Accessibility go hand-in-hand. By following these tips, you can ensure that your site gets better search engine results and stays within the required WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines.
- Divide content up using heading elements. Select a heading in the WordPress editor rather than trying to create one using font size and bold text.
- Type out or copy content into the WordPress editor, rather than or in addition to linking to a PDF or image.
- Always include alt text when you upload an image.
- Use descriptive text within links.
- Good: visit the Trillium Transit website
- Less Good: https://trilliumdemo.wpengine.com/
- Bad: Click here to visit the RVTD website
Please sign in to leave a comment.